The Cala Salada beach is a beach on the north coast of Ibiza located in the municipality of Sant Antoni de Portmany. Located about 3.5 kilometers west of San Antonio, the beautiful Cala Salada beach is considered one of the best coves on the island, thanks to its incredible natural beauty, its turquoise clear waters, and the surrounding environment, with hills covered in pine trees and rocky cliffs with amazing sea views.
The beach has a length of 100 meters and a width of 30 meters at its widest part (the beach access area) and about 10 meters at the narrowest part.
Cala Salada maintains a natural and untouched charm, while also offering basic services to ensure the comfort of visitors. It is a highly sought after destination for residents and many private boat owners. It is one of the most visited beaches by anchoring boats.
It should be noted that it gets much more crowded during the summer months, when tourism in Ibiza is much higher, but an alternative in these cases is the small cove located just next to it, called Cala Saladeta, which can be accessed by several trails, and it is much quieter, with less influx, with similar characteristics and the same charm as Cala Salada.
Cala Salada Services
The Cala Salada beach has all kinds of services necessary to ensure the comfort of visitors:
- Public toilets
- Nearby restaurants and bars
- Sunbed and umbrella rental
- Trails and paths
- Plenty of areas to sunbathe
- Water activities: such as paddle surfing, kayaking, or boat tours.
How to get to Cala Salada
There are several options to get to Cala Salada:
- By car: From Sant Antoni, head to Santa Agnés, on the PM-812 road, following the indications until you reach the Camino de Cala Salada. Once there, you can park your vehicle in the parking lot and you will have to continue walking following the indications and the paths that will take you from the parking lot to the beach.
Keep in mind that it is not a very long path, but it is somewhat heavy due to the steep slopes in some sections.
- Bus: From the San Antonio bus station, you can take the L34 line of the ALSA company, which will take you directly to the start of the main access path to the beach.
- Ferry: You can also opt to take a boat from San Antonio to Cala Salada. In San Antonio, you will find several companies that offer boat transfer services to various coves, including Cala Salada.
Weather in Cala Salada
Cala Salada enjoys a Mediterranean climate, characterized by warm, dry summers, and mild, wet winters.
In the summer, average daytime temperatures range between 25 °C and 32 °C, although on some days it can exceed 35 °C. However, at night, temperatures usually drop slightly, around 20-25 °C. During this season, it's common to have sunny days and very little risk of rain.
In the fall, the weather is milder compared to summer, but still pleasant. Daytime temperatures gradually decrease as the season progresses, ranging between 20 °C and 25 °C in October, dropping to 15 °C to 20 °C in November. Nights begin to cool down, and you might need a light jacket to go out.
In winter, temperatures are mild compared to other regions further north in Europe, with an average between 13 °C and 16 °C, while nighttime temperatures can drop to around 7 °C to 10 °C. Rainy days are more frequent during this season, but there are also sunny days interspersed.
And spring is a pleasant season to visit Cala Salada, as daytime temperatures gradually increase as the season progresses, oscillating between 15 °C and 20 °C in March and reaching 20 °C to 25 °C in May. Nights also become milder, with temperatures ranging from 10 °C to 15 °C, and there can be some rainy days, but overall, the weather is pleasant and there are more hours of sunshine.
What to do in Cala Salada?
Aside from swimming and snorkeling, Cala Salada offers various activities for visitors to enjoy, such as exploring the surrounding cliffs or hiking to take in the stunning views of the Mediterranean, the landscape, and the surrounding nature.
Moreover, the sunsets at Cala Salada are stunning, so many visitors choose to go enjoy the sunset and witness the sun setting over the horizon, surrounded by the tranquil beauty of the environment.
And of course, if you enjoy water activities, you can rent equipment for paddle boarding, kayaking, or even snorkeling to explore the impressive seabed of the cove.
In the surroundings, you can also find some restaurants and bars serving Mediterranean cuisine, allowing you to enjoy the local gastronomy by the sea.
Nearby beaches and coves
Here are some beaches and coves near Cala Salada that are also worth visiting:
- Cala Saladeta: Right next to Cala Salada is this small cove, famous for its incredible crystal-clear waters, and its peaceful atmosphere, which connects to it through a rocky path.
- Cala Gració: Located a short distance to the south of Cala Salada, it is another beautiful beach with crystal clear waters and soft sand, featuring a wide range of nearby bars and restaurants.
- Cala Gracioneta: Very close to Cala Gració is Cala Gracioneta, a small cove with a lot of charm, being a perfect place to relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Sa Galera Beach: Just about 900 meters south of Cala Salada is Punta Galera, a unique cove known for its large flat rock platforms, being a very popular place for sunbathing and enjoying stunning sea views.
- Cala Tarida: If you feel like exploring further south of Cala Salada, you can visit Cala Tarida, a wide beach with shallow waters, perfect for families, which also features several seafront restaurants and bars.
Buying a house in Cala Salada
Would you like to buy a house in Cala Salada?.
Here you can find properties in excellent condition, which are usually exclusive, and therefore hard to find, as they are not advertised online out of respect for their privacy. Therefore, it is very important that you have a real estate specialist who can offer you options, and help you find the ideal house for you, advising you throughout the process.
So do not hesitate to rely on a real estate agency in Ibiza like Luxinmo Real Estate, with experience in the area, where they can offer you the best options, and of course guide you through the whole process of purchasing your new property in Cala Salada, Ibiza.